Sun River Electric Cooperative in Fairfield MT is accepting applications for the position of Billing/Collections Clerk. Primary responsibilities include accepting applications for electric service, maintaining consumer accounts, assisting with monthly billing, and monitoring delinquent accounts. Seeking a person who is detail-oriented, enjoys working and communicating with others, and has excellent computers skills. Must live within 30 minutes response time to Fairfield office. Full benefit package offered; wage based on experience. Applications are available online at www.sunriverelectric.coop or call 406-467-2527. Submit application and three letters of reference to Leona Huidekoper, Office Manager, Sun River Electric Cooperative, PO Box 309, Fairfield MT 59436, or email to email@example.com. Deadline for submitting applications is April 16, 2021.
Lower Yellowstone Rural Electric Cooperative, (LYREC), is now accepting applications for the position of Fleet Mechanic in Sidney, Montana. LYREC is a rural electric cooperative providing electric service to our members in six counties in eastern Montana and western North Dakota.
This position is accountable for keeping LYREC’s fleet vehicles and support vehicles in good working order. Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains fleet vehicles and other production equipment. Maintains documentation accompanying repairs and servicing of LYREC’s vehicles.
• Diagnose, repair and maintenance of both gas and diesel truck engines, suspension, brakes, and other standard vehicle mechanical and electrical systems.
• Fabricate new equipment and modifications to existing equipment. Repair tools as needed.
• Exceptional trouble shooting skills and the aptitude to learn several types of equipment.
• Maintain fleet records including, but not limited to, maintenance work to be done, fuel consumption and inventory.
• Demonstrates safety while working.
• Stay informed of advancements in technology by attending workshops and/or classes offered by vendors and technical schools.
• Efficient use of forklift for accepting deliveries and moving freight.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Works effectively with others. Open to suggestions and opposing ideas. Adaptable to change.
• Performs other duties as assigned. Job duties are subject to change as directed by management.
• Work is performed in a variety of indoor and outdoor settings, including office, warehouse, yard and in the field.
• Must be willing and able to accept calls for equipment repair at any time, day, or night, in various weather conditions.
• Work requires using equipment that, if not used properly, may cause injuries.
• Exposure to chemicals and other substances that, if not used correctly with the provided safety equipment, may cause injuries.
• Must be able to lift, carry, push/pull, grasp, handle, reach, apply forces with out-stretched arm away from body, stoop, bend, crouch, kneel, twist, climb, stand, and walk.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Completion of a two-year community college vehicle repair program, or equivalent trade school is preferred.
• At least five (5) years' experience in repair and maintenance of large and small vehicles.
• A valid CDL driver’s license with a safe driving record.
• Basic computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office and must have sound decision-making skills.
• Must possess and maintain a safe work record.
• Welding certification is preferred.
• Excellent communication skills and professional appearance.
• Successful completion of pre-employment physical.
Applicants will need to download an employment application from www.lyrec.coop. Complete the employment application and submit it along with a cover letter, resume, salary expectations and at least three references to: Lower Yellowstone Rural Electric Cooperative, Attn: Chris Hillesland, PO Box 1047, Sidney, MT 59270. Applicant may also email all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications to be received will be 5pm on April 16, 2021.
Lower Yellowstone Rural Electric Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer.
IT System Administrator
Park Electric cooperative is looking for an IT System administrator. Park Electric is an electric utility located in Livingston Montana that has been in business for over 85 years. We provide electric service to over 7,000 meters spanning across four counties.
The IT Systems Administrator is responsible for the implementation, support, and proactive management of the organization’s information systems. These include, but are not limited to, email, virus protection, backups and networking. Other responsibilities include providing support and training to end users.
Some of the job responsibilities are:
- Participate in the development, implementation, installation, testing and support of applications software. May prepare technical and instructional manuals. Works with organizational units to determine specific output requirements (e.g. breakouts, summaries, formats, etc.) and report formats.
- Studies existing data systems to evaluate effectiveness and develops new systems, or modifies existing systems to improve production or workflow.
- Design, implement and maintain complex databases. Duties include, but are not limited to; developing documentation, establishing security, validating systems, debugging, and ensuring effective back-up/recovery procedures, are in place.
- Query databases to provide data and reports to other departments.
- Oversee project implementation including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work. Ability to evaluate results with clear, observable metrics is necessary.
- Operates with considerable latitude for un-reviewed action and/or decision-making. May recommend major changes in procedures or systems, where necessary.
- Work with users to define system requirements and troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Install, configure, and upgrade desktop hardware and peripherals.
- Document computer problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Ability to utilize scripting methods to automate processes.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor of Science in information systems or other computer-related degree from an accredited college or university is preferred. Equivalent technical training and experience will be considered. Additional training in web site development, network administration, and computer system integration desirable. Must possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Five to seven years of experience in a Professional Services or IT Consulting environment
- Strong Knowledge of MS Windows Server and Desktop Architecture, TCP/IP networking and Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and MS Exchange
- Experience with Citrix, SAN Technologies and VMWare are required
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and customer support skills
- Ability to work in a high energy, team environment
- Five years of experience managing servers
- Five years of experience in Windows Active Directory environment
- Five years of experience managing exchange, network security, backup solutions
- One year of experience managing IT implementation projects/applications
- Experience with the following computer applications is required: Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel); Internet, Intranet
- Experience designing and implementing Backup and Disaster Recovery plans
Park Electric has a competitive benefit package that includes: 401K, paid vacation, sick leave, health and dental insurances, and much more. The wage rage for this position is $6,600 to $9,100 Monthly depending on experience. This is a management exempt position.
Please apply to Information@parkelectric.coop. If you have any questions please call 406-222-3100 to speak to our General manger Matt Haggerty.
Park Electric has an opening for a journeyman lineman due to a retirement. Our cooperative’s coverage area lies across 4 counties in Southwest Montana. Work includes new installations, tree trimming, maintenance and troubleshooting on transmission and distribution electrical systems including overhead and underground lines. The successful applicant must live within 30 minutes of our office located in Livingston Montana. Park County offers lots of outdoor recreation like hunting, fishing, boating, camping, hiking and other outdoor activities, meet the requirements below and want to join a professional hard-working team, please submit your application. This is a bargaining unit position represented by IBEW #532.
- A high school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A Journeyman Lineman certification
- Completion of a formal training program for a Journeyman Lineman
- Must meet examining board review of skills and experience.
- Must own, or be able to obtain, a Class A Montana Commercial Driver’s License.
- Physical demands of the job can be extreme and include but are not limited to coordination, the ability to drive, to sit, to climb poles, steel structures, and ladders. The ability to work at elevations high from the ground in awkward fully extended positions, to crawl, to work in a bent over position, to walk over steep rough terrain carrying 50 or more pounds. Regularly lift 50 pounds, occasionally lift 100 pounds, use tools and controls requiring dexterity and feeling with the hands, hear over the phone/radio and in group settings and adequate vision including close, distance, peripheral and color vision and depth perception for performance of all tasks of the position. The employee must be able to withstand working in hot and severely cold working environments that at times are extremely windy.
A pre-employment physical and drug and alcohol test will be conducted
A field test requiring climbing will be part of the interview process
Applications are available online at www.parkelectric.coop. Applications will be accepted until March 19th. Send applications to Matt Grose, Operations Manager, Park Electric, P.O. Box 1119, Livingston, MT 59047; email email@example.com phone: 406-222-7778. This position will remain open until filled. The first round of interviews is expected to take place the last week of March.
Wage or Salary:
$47.54 starting November 1st 2020
Benefits per IBEW Agreement
Responsible for direct supervision of the Accountants, Bookkeepers, and Warehouse personnel, and the overall operations of the accounting department and warehouse. Participate as a member of the Accounting team at Hill County Electric Cooperative to maintain the efficient operation of the Accounting Department. Be knowledgeable of rural telephone and electric accounting practices, laws governing telephone and electric utilities, and with new developments and changes in utility accounting procedures. Responsible for the system of internal controls. Function as internal auditor. (EOE)