The Education &Training committee of Montana Electric Cooperatives’ Association is sponsoring director’s course 918.1 Maximizing Your Grassroots Strategy in conjunction with the MECA Annual Meeting.
Effective political engagement at all levels of government requires significant planning and is vital to empowering consumer-members to protect and advance the interests of their cooperative. The power of distribution cooperatives to influence policymakers is vital to their continued success. This course helps directors connect the dots between what they as individual directors can do on behalf of their cooperative while maximizing relationships with their statewide and with NRECA to make sure the co-op voice is heard on Capitol Hill and in the regulatory agencies.
- Strategies for engaging consumer-members in grassroots advocacy on behalf of the their cooperative.
- Infusing grassroots into the co-op's strategic plan.
- Communicating with identified advocates and champions among the co-op's member base.
- Creating a political game plan.
The registration deadline is September 13, 2023. Click here for the registration form.
The Education &Training committee of Montana Electric Cooperatives’ Association is sponsoring a Co-op101 course.
This course will showcase the strategic benefits of the cooperative business model, how and why to use the cooperative principles and values, the role of the board, and how to build co-op culture. From receptionist to CEOs, whether they are new to co-ops or have many years of experience, this course is designed for all employees.
- Definition of Cooperative-formal and practical
- Why and how to use co-op principles and values
- The types of co-ops and how rural utility co-ops fit in
- The culture of a co-op and how co-ops can thrive
The registration deadline is September 15, 2023. Click here for the registration form.